NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform Strengthens Cloud Data Services Portfolio
- Cloud-connected flash to enable analytics and artificial intelligence capabilities for customers
- Object storage software for increased data retention compliance
Harnessing all the data required for effective AI applications is a
challenge for traditional solutions.
"Companies are increasingly looking at using data and cloud technology
to accelerate their businesses," said
Today's announcements include:
- NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform is a fully-managed, cloud-native file storage service which speeds developer access to resources and simplifies management.
- NetApp's automated syncs, NetApp Snapshot™ copies and rapid clones will support free-flowing data, allowing developers to accelerate workspace creation and build cycles.
- The service is ideal for the migration of any workload including file services, analytics, database, disaster recovery and DevOps. Now, customers have a simpler way to move data back and forth between on premises and the cloud.
"Companies are on different paths to the cloud, each with unique
Customers can sign-up for a private preview of NetApp Cloud Volumes for Google Cloud Platform at www.netapp.com/gcppreview. A public preview is scheduled for later in the year.
Cloud-connected flash improves performance, adds intelligence, and increases protection.
Power artificial intelligence and compute-intensive applications with
an enterprise all flash array designed for high performance and cloud.
AFF A800, the first available end-to-end NVMe enterprise platform,
achieves consistent sub-200 microsecond latency from application host
through to data storage while offering industry leading
enterprise-grade efficiency, security, and flexibility powered by
NetAppONTAP® 9.4 software.
- Accelerate SAN with a software upgrade to NVMe over Fibre Channel for select ONTAP-based systems. Shrink storage footprint with the industry's first support of 30TB SSDs, and better meet General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) privacy requirements by being able to selectively purge data.
New intelligent cloud services further reduce total cost of ownership.
The NetApp FabricPool feature automatically tiers cold data from
primary storage to
Amazon Web Services(AWS) and Azure, reducing capacity costs. And NetAppActive IQ® technology provides new cloud-based analytics predict future performance needs and identifies unprotected data to optimize operations.
More information on the
StorageGRID now provides superior next-generation, cloud-architected infrastructure for financial and personal data retention compliance as one integrated resource across public and private clouds.
NetAppStorageGRID® technology, the number one data management solution for distributed organizations, now automates tamper proof retention of critical financial and personal data.
- With an increased focus on data analytics, StorageGRID customers retain and manage an unlimited amount of rich media including recorded calls, scanned contracts, and email archives with confidence that all customer data is compliant with varying local, federal, and international data compliance regulations.
More information on the
News Provided by Acquire Media