NetApp Delivers on Its Vision to Support Every Cloud, Everywhere
Fuel business growth through innovation across cloud, multicloud, and hybrid cloud environments:
- Deliver data-rich customer experiences through new application deployments.
- Optimize growing data sources throughout the entire infrastructure, including multicloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises systems.
- Deploy data with confidence that the information is protected and will be restored in the event of loss.
These new data products and services bring to life NetApp’s vision to
empower customers to innovate in the cloud, in any form, to improve
business outcomes in the face of a rapidly evolving technological
landscape. Cloud reliance is now essential for taking advantage of data
across the organization to make better business decisions, improve
customer experiences, and leverage the
“It’s not an exaggeration to say that every time we create a product or
Inspire Innovation with the Cloud
NetApp Cloud Insights is a SaaS-based tool that provides monitoring and cost optimization for dynamic, hybrid-cloud-based infrastructures. Cloud Insights is specifically designed to monitor modern cloud architectures such as Kubernetes and micro-services.
NetApp Cloud Insights:
- Monitor and prevent up to 80 percent of cloud-infrastructure issues from ever impacting end users.
- Reduce mean time to resolution by up to 90 percent.
- Reduce cloud infrastructure costs by an average of 33 percent.
Azure NetApp Files is an Azure file-service powered by NetApp’s ONTAP technology that delivers enterprise-grade storage and data management for enabling file-based enterprise workloads to be moved and deployed in Microsoft Azure.
Azure NetApp Files:
- Seamlessly manages application data from within the Azure environment to bring more applications to the cloud. Limited preview will expand to US East and US West 2 Azure data-center regions, allowing for more customers to participate in the limited preview.
- Seamless integration with Azure means an intuitive Azure experience, and zero learning curve for storage admins to get started with enterprise-grade file-services in minutes.
- The only high-performance data service that is optimized for rich, business-critical datasets offers automated resource deployment through REST APIs and CLI access.
NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP, offering data control, cost efficiency, and business continuity, is the ultimate cloud storage service for today’s growing enterprise.
NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP:
- Whether customers choose Azure or AWS to run their mission-critical applications in the cloud, with Cloud Volumes ONTAP they can benefit from built-in high-availability failover functionality.
- Satisfy regulatory and self-regulatory policies within an organization and protect data against malicious attacks, such as ransomware or cryptoviral extortion, with SnapLock® Enterprise support.
- Optimize the location of data by autotiering on-premises data to cloud with the new NetApp Cloud Tiering Service.
New hybrid cloud certifications, including two new certifications for
Hybrid Cloud Administrator and Hybrid Cloud Architect and the first
Expert-level certification for
Hybrid Cloud Certifications require:
- NetApp Certified Hybrid Cloud Administrator (NS0-300) exam
Plus one of the following cloud provider certifications:
Microsoft: Architecting MS Azure Solution Amazon: AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- Cloud Architect
Build Clouds to Accelerate New Services
NetApp HCI offers a new hybrid cloud infrastructure architecture that enables the true business value of hyperconvergence by making it meet enterprise requirements.
NetApp HCI with SolidFire® Element® software:
- Delivers seamless integration between public and private cloud, now supporting SnapMirror® to Cloud Volumes ONTAP.
- New options in the NetApp HCI portfolio include H410C and H610C compute nodes. With the GPU-based H610C compute node, customers can accelerate VDI environments and confidently consolidate multiple workloads without bottlenecks, thanks to the unique workload protection capabilities of NetApp HCI.
- The ability to mix and match compute nodes with independent scaling of compute and storage gives users the flexibility and scale to consolidate private cloud, container services, VDI, and enterprise applications without silos.
Safeguard the Business with Modern IT Architecture for the Hybrid Cloud
SaaS Backup offers backup and restore for
SaaS Backup for Office 365:
- Service providers can now offer SaaS Backup for Office 365 hosted in their own data centers. This offers customers additional choices for where they want their data to be stored and who they decide on to provide the service to them. It also further affirms NetApp’s commitment to supporting a rich multicloud ecosystem.
- Safeguard business continuity with backup, find, and recover for email, calendars, contacts, tasks, site collections, sites, lists, and file data.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations with GDPR-ready SaaS backup service, with support for EXO, OD4B, SPO, Groups, and Shared Mailboxes.
NetApp Data Availability Services is designed to reduce the cost and complexity of data backup by backing data up to the cloud and allowing reuse of the copy in the cloud.Designed from the ground up with simplicity as a key functional attribute, the cloud-native NetApp Data Availability Services is a next-generation backup and data management service offering.
NetApp Data Availability Services:
- Streamlines operations for backup, disaster recovery, and other workloads that involve data copies.
- Lowers the cost of backing up ONTAP data with a simple and streamlined web-based management and data protection tool.
- Easily and quickly unleashes the power of new cloud applications and services by creating active data copies in the cloud.
- Accelerates software development, testing, analytics, and reporting by reusing data on secondary ONTAP storage.
Read more about today’s announcements on the
- For more information about NetApp Cloud Data Services solutions, visit here.
- Learn more about NetApp Cloud Infrastructure solutions here.
- More information about NetApp Storage Systems and Software solutions is here.
- For information about NetApp Insight 2018, visit https://insight.netapp.com/.
Amelia Vierra, 1 408-822-6403