NetApp Delivers Simple, Scalable, and Integrated Solutions to Manage Virtual Desktops and Deploy Hybrid Cloud at VMworld 2019
Combined solutions accelerate
“In today’s data-driven world, faster, simpler access to applications and data is critical to business success,” said
NetApp’s new solutions for
- NetApp Kubernetes Service (NKS) on
VMware. NKS now supports a fully managed Kubernetes service on VMwarevSphere, no matter where the VMwareinfrastructure is being run. NKS eliminates and reduces the complexity of deploying and managing on-premises Kubernetes clusters and their application workload, delivering enterprise capabilities such as in-place upgrades, role-based access control (RBAC), application lifecycle management, multicloud and hybrid-cloud configurations, and Istio service mesh automation – all backed by NetApp’s Enterprise SLA.
- NetApp HCI for VDI. The NetApp HCI portfolio now includes simple, GPU-enabled nodes to accelerate high-performance, 3D virtual desktop infrastructure environments. The new offerings dramatically improve performance for power users who use complicated, data-intensive applications like medical imaging, CAD/CAM, and other technical and scientific applications that require special attention to run effectively in virtualized desktop environments:
- The new NetApp HCI for VDI with VMware Horizon 7 solution supports all major third-party VDI solutions with VMware Horizon. Customers can easily install, expand, and upgrade capabilities while adding storage and compute independently.
- The new H615C compute node is the latest version of our expanding GPU portfolio for high-performance technical and scientific apps. It offers guaranteed performance levels and can be provisioned by discrete workload.
- NetApp HCI Implementation Service for VMware Private Cloud. Implement an integrated solution for accelerating the deployment of a private cloud platform to meet business needs today and easily scale for the future. NetApp’s new turnkey acquisition and implementation service delivers the expertise to build a scalable, preconfigured, and easily consumable private cloud – with the simplicity and convenience of NetApp HCI and the power of a
VMware-based private cloud – that is application ready for critical workloads. By aligning the technical platform with required cloud business outcomes, NetAppcan help accelerate the deployment of a VMware-based private cloud so that organizations can be confident that the new platform can scale easily and rapidly.
VMworld 2019 presentations with
- VMware Private Cloud with
Tuesday, August 27, 1:50-2:10 p.m.NetApp’s Andy Banta, storage janitor, SolidFire Product Management & Strategy,will discuss how to leverage modern, scalable infrastructure from NetAppto transform your data center. Learn how to turn your data center into a VMware-based private cloud with self-service offerings, operational transparency, and enterprise-ready data protection.
- The Industry on Virtual Volumes: Tech Panel Q & A [HBI3008PU]
Thursday, August 29, 10:30-11:30 a.m.NetApp’s Andy Bantawill join panelists from VMware, Dell Technologies, Pure Storage, and HPE to discuss how customers have successfully deployed VVols from proof of concept through production, deployment, and beyond. The session will cover why customers chose VVols, deployment strategies, and best practices for success.
NetAppin booth #327 at VMworld 2019 in San Francisco August 25-29, 2019.
- Learn more about today’s announcements on our blog.
- Read about the recently announced Memory Accelerated FlexPod.
- Visit Cloud Central.
Follow us on Twitter, Linkedin and
1 408 822 6403