NetApp Powers Data-Driven Organizations to Succeed
Modernize IT for Hybrid Multicloud with Greater Simplicity, Operational Efficiency and Data Protection
NetApp’s cloud-connected flash solutions, an element of a Data Fabric
strategy, provide the simplicity, operational efficiency and protection
needed to support innovation, add unprecedented performance and power
the most demanding data sets and technologies, such as artificial
intelligence or 5G networks. Only
“As enterprises evolve to new, more data-centric business models where
data is a key strategic resource, data availability requirements are on
the rise,” said
“In advances that are coming our way, like 5G networks, we can see that
a company’s ability to generate, gather and disseminate a massive volume
of data will be enabled like never before and companies that aren’t
ready are going to be overwhelmed,” said
Maximizing Value in the Hybrid Cloud
By accelerating applications painlessly and by delivering simplicity and security for a future-proof infrastructure, ONTAP 9.6 data management software allows organizations of all sizes to maximize the value of data and take on new data-driven initiatives. ONTAP 9.6 includes the following enhancements:
Expanded NVMe over Fibre Channel (NVMe/FC) ecosystem now includes
VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows, and Oracle Linux hosts, in addition to
Red Hatand SUSE Linux, with storage path resiliency. Organizations can experience NVMe/FC performance for most workloads.
FabricPool now supports Google Cloud Platform and
Alibaba Cloud, in addition to Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and IBM Cloud Storage. Organizations can lower the cost of primary storage by automatically tiering cold data to any major public cloud or to a NetApp StorageGRID® private cloud.
- NetApp FlexCache® software now supports NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP, allowing organizations to experience the benefits of FlexCache in hybrid cloud deployments.
Over-the-wireencryption for NetApp SnapMirror® technology and FlexCache increases security for data replication and remote caching.
- NetApp MetroCluster™ IP support for entry-level NetApp AFF and FAS systems now makes business continuity a cost-effective option for organizations, taking advantage of existing customer IP networks between sites.
New Midrange End-to-End NVMe System
- Accelerate traditional and emerging enterprise applications such as artificial intelligence and deep learning, analytics, and databases with extremely low latency.
- Reduce data center costs by consolidating applications with a powerful system.
- Future-proof their environment with NVMe technology, 100GbE Ethernet, and cloud integration.
Expanded Services Portfolio to Meet Broader Customer Needs
Customers can rely on
- SupportEdge Prestige offers a high-touch, concierge level of
technical support that resolves issues faster through priority call
routing. Customers are assigned a designated team of
NetAppexperts and receive specialized reporting, tools, and storage environment health assessments.
- Tiered Deployment Service accelerates time to value for new
NetApptechnology and reduces the risk of improper installation or misconfiguration. Three new high-quality options include Basic, Standard and Advanced Deployment, each aligned to customer business objectives.
- Managed Upgrade Service is a remotely delivered service that
reduces security risks by ensuring
NetAppsoftware is always up to date with all security patches and firmware upgrades.
Read more about the
NetAppAFF A320 and ONTAP 9.6 on our blog.
Learn more about
NetAppONTAP, NetAppAFF A-Seriesand the NetAppData Fabric strategy.
- Find additional information about NetApp Support on the Support site home page.
Follow us on Twitter,
1 408 822 6403